Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Backup To Mac

When I plug my iPhone into my Mac, it will begin to backup but always “disconnects” even if the computer, plug, and phone are untouched. Both are fully updated and I have tried several different USB cords. Any tips?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 8:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2020 9:35 PM

delizabethr Said:

"iPhone Backup To Mac: When I plug my iPhone into my Mac, it will begin to backup but always 'disconnects' even if the computer, plug, and phone are untouched. Both are fully updated and I have tried several different USB cords. Any tips?"

-------

Issues Reading from Ports:

On your Mac, try this...

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your hard drive may not be being read promptly, so resetting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be.

If performing this once does not work, then try both thrice. I can be time consuming, but the output is more likely to be fixed. All ports' settings should be set back to how they should be configured, with all ports connectivity being as they should.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2020 9:35 PM in response to delizabethr

delizabethr Said:

"iPhone Backup To Mac: When I plug my iPhone into my Mac, it will begin to backup but always 'disconnects' even if the computer, plug, and phone are untouched. Both are fully updated and I have tried several different USB cords. Any tips?"

-------

Issues Reading from Ports:

On your Mac, try this...

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your hard drive may not be being read promptly, so resetting these, all of the ports would be configured to how they should be.

If performing this once does not work, then try both thrice. I can be time consuming, but the output is more likely to be fixed. All ports' settings should be set back to how they should be configured, with all ports connectivity being as they should.

iPhone Backup To Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.