Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS iCloud Photos have different dates than my Mac OS Catalina Photos

My photo library consists of new and old, very old, photos. I have been scanning and importing old family photos to my Photos library. After importing the photo, I use Photos "Adjust Date and Time" function to set the date of the photo to the correct or approximate date that the photo was taken. So my date range in my library is from 1940 – 2020. Everything looks fine and correct in my Photos library on Mac OS. iCloud Photos is enabled, and the originals are kept on my Mac.

When I look at my library on one of my iOS devices, everything is shuffled. Some of the older photos are sorted into the correct dates, dates that I set. Many others however, are shuffled in with un-edited photos in various years. It looks like iCloud Photos on iOS may be using the file creation dates instead of the dates I assigned using the Adjust Date and Time function.

How do I correct the dates so that iOS Photos library looks the same as my Mac OD library?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 10:13 AM

I guess I was premature in posting this question. It if you just wait long enough, it corrects itself. In my case I had over 25,000 photos and it took about 3 to 5 days before the iOS libraries looked the same at the Mac OS library.

Similar questions

1 reply

iOS iCloud Photos have different dates than my Mac OS Catalina Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.