Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with outgoing Mail

Hi. For the past few months I have had intermittent trouble with my Mail SMTP server. The error message is titled Cannot Send Mail and reads in part “the connection to the outgoing server ‘p42-smtp.mail.me.com’ failed. . Hope I can get some help.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 12:43 PM

Hello JustJoan R.,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It looks like you're having some issues with sending emails using iCloud Mail, and we'd like to help out.

This article has some troubleshooting to do if this should happen again: Get help using iCloud Mail

If you have the issue again, and following the article steps doesn't show an outage or the issue isn't resolved, then we'd suggest contacting Apple Support. Get Support

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 12:43 PM in response to JustJoan R.

Hello JustJoan R.,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! It looks like you're having some issues with sending emails using iCloud Mail, and we'd like to help out.

This article has some troubleshooting to do if this should happen again: Get help using iCloud Mail

If you have the issue again, and following the article steps doesn't show an outage or the issue isn't resolved, then we'd suggest contacting Apple Support. Get Support

Take care!

Trouble with outgoing Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.