Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Crash

I am running MacOS High Sierra (whatever THAT means) and for the last couple of weeks my Calendar App crashed after I launch it and before it initializes. It creates a dump and "says" it will send this info to Apple. I don't primarily use Apple Calendar so it's not a pressing issue but I would like to fix it. Another thread indicated that this may be due to a corrupt entry but gave no solution. Can I get help here or must I seek it elsewhere?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 7:39 PM

Try these steps:

1. Disconnect your computer from your internet connection.

2. Remove the com.apple.iCal.plist file from your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder.

3. Then open the Calendars Folder in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

4. Next open the Preferences Folder in the same Library Folder, and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

5. Log out/in or restart, and open iCal.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 7:39 PM in response to bwsblfp

Try these steps:

1. Disconnect your computer from your internet connection.

2. Remove the com.apple.iCal.plist file from your Macintosh HD/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences Folder.

3. Then open the Calendars Folder in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

4. Next open the Preferences Folder in the same Library Folder, and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

5. Log out/in or restart, and open iCal.

Calendar Crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.