Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with 2 desktops and different files

Hi, I have a 2017 macbook air (currently still running on Mojave)

I know how to add different apps to different desktops/spaces (am currently using 2) but am struggling with the files...

Ideally, I would have one desktop/space for work purposes only. Yet all work-related files (like powerpoint, pages documents) I assign to my "work desktop" are visible on my second"private" desktop as well. It really annoys me. Is there a way to assign more than just apps to the different desktops/spaces?

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 1:20 AM

Thanks, now kinda wonder why I hadn't thought of setting up two accounts on my Mac in the first place! ;-)

Still think it's a shame that you can't assign documents/folder to a specific desktop/space...

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 1, 2020 8:28 PM in response to LilyElise1979

No Desktops/ Spaces is primarily about assigning apps to different Desktop/ Spaces.

Have you assigned your work related apps (powerpoint, pages etc) to Desktop 1.

And any personal apps to Desktop 2.

If you want to keep home and work separate why not set up two user accounts on your mac

one for home and work, then you can switch between the two, by logging on and off between

the two.

Working with 2 desktops and different files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.