Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was accidentally deleted the message, how I can recovery it

How to recovery the message data

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 5:45 PM

You cannot recover deleted messages. That’s why you are asked to confirm a delete, to make it difficult to accidentally delete a message.

If you do not have message syncing enable in iCloud settings and you have a backup that contains the message you can restore that backup to the phone. Note, however, that doing this will overwrite everything on the phone with the contents of the backup, there is no way to restore just a message from a backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 5:45 PM in response to ruming

You cannot recover deleted messages. That’s why you are asked to confirm a delete, to make it difficult to accidentally delete a message.

If you do not have message syncing enable in iCloud settings and you have a backup that contains the message you can restore that backup to the phone. Note, however, that doing this will overwrite everything on the phone with the contents of the backup, there is no way to restore just a message from a backup.

I was accidentally deleted the message, how I can recovery it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.