Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i change my Gmail password on my ipad?

Id like to update the password for my Gmail account on my iPad. When I go to Passwords & Accounts I tap on my Gmail account but I don’t see any password option. I’ve also looked in the Mail Settings and I’m not finding where to do this. Would appreciate the help!

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 11:50 AM

Let me clarify that I’ve already changed the password for the email service on that end. What I’d like to do now is update it on my Apple iOS email feature. When I tap into the account on my iPad (Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Account, in this case my Gmail account > Account) I don’t see a password field. Perhaps this is by design? It looks like my only option is to delete the account and add it again. Does that explain better what I’m trying to accomplish? Thank you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2020 11:50 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Let me clarify that I’ve already changed the password for the email service on that end. What I’d like to do now is update it on my Apple iOS email feature. When I tap into the account on my iPad (Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Account, in this case my Gmail account > Account) I don’t see a password field. Perhaps this is by design? It looks like my only option is to delete the account and add it again. Does that explain better what I’m trying to accomplish? Thank you.

How do i change my Gmail password on my ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.