Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keychain login not found

Hello all,

I am running an iMac 27" 5K 48 Gb 18,1 ( i believe ). After doing a clean install of Catalina recently subsequent to resetting my fusion drive via a terminal command, everything has been running fine up until this morning. All my gmail accounts were offline, and when I tried to confirm them an error popped up indicating 'keychain login not found'. I went to 'keychain access utility and saw that there were absolutely no items in 'keychain access login'. What on earth?? The error message gave me the option to reset to defaults which I didn't do.

I thought a restart might help. I tried a restart with option key down and no startup drive showed up.

The only option was 'Internet Recovery' so I did that and was able to get to the Recovery screen with it's various options including Disk Utility. Nothing worked so I clicked out of that screen and was prompted to choose a startup disk. My Mac HD startup disk showed up, but when I chose that and hit enter, another error came up that indicated 'the bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk'.

So I am wondering if there is a terminal command that I can use in order to boot the iMac from my startup disk, then try this fix that I found online:

Find the path "macOS Install Data" and delete it .

In my computer this path is under /System/Volumes/Data.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dennis

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 12:27 PM

Have resolved this issue after much trial and error. Made a bootable install ssd, for OS Catalina. Popped that into my

OWS Mercury Elite dual bay external hd enclosure. Started up with option key down, bootable ssd showed up, chose that

to boot from. Went to system preferences and chose 'startup disk', my Mac HD appeared along with the bootable disk.

Chose the Mac HD, restarted and was able to boot from this disk again but continued getting keychain access errors.

So, I went to Keychain Access Utility, chose preferences, clicked on reset to defaults . After this, I just had to go through the

process of entering all of my login passwords again.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2020 12:27 PM in response to wunwspirit

Have resolved this issue after much trial and error. Made a bootable install ssd, for OS Catalina. Popped that into my

OWS Mercury Elite dual bay external hd enclosure. Started up with option key down, bootable ssd showed up, chose that

to boot from. Went to system preferences and chose 'startup disk', my Mac HD appeared along with the bootable disk.

Chose the Mac HD, restarted and was able to boot from this disk again but continued getting keychain access errors.

So, I went to Keychain Access Utility, chose preferences, clicked on reset to defaults . After this, I just had to go through the

process of entering all of my login passwords again.

keychain login not found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.