Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TRY TO LOGIN TO IMAC WITH APPLE ID AND IT JUST FLASHES

I have an imac18. Yesterday everything was working fine but then I updated to macOS Monterey and now I can't login to ANYTHING. Try to login to imessage, facetime, anything and it says unknown error. Tried going into the keychain and deleting the auth token but it asks for my keychain password. I type it in and it flashes and says its wrong. Reset my computer login, shut down computer and did the option+command+p+r until the second chime. relogged in tried everything again and it still wont do it. even when i try to go into my keychain and restore to defaults it asks for a password. This update literally screwed everything up and I've tried everything online and can't fix it. AND I would just erase the whole system but I don't even have erase all contents under my system preferences. ANYONE able to help??

Posted on May 4, 2022 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2022 9:52 AM

Your AppleID is not used to log into your Mac, your Administrator's password is needed. Please follow the directions in If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support. Also I think you would benefit by learning what the AppleID is used for and what you Administrator's password, the Admin PW info is in the link I just provided. The AppleID link you need to learn what that is used for is Apple ID - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2022 9:52 AM in response to allservicewife

Your AppleID is not used to log into your Mac, your Administrator's password is needed. Please follow the directions in If you forgot your Mac login password - Apple Support. Also I think you would benefit by learning what the AppleID is used for and what you Administrator's password, the Admin PW info is in the link I just provided. The AppleID link you need to learn what that is used for is Apple ID - Official Apple Support

TRY TO LOGIN TO IMAC WITH APPLE ID AND IT JUST FLASHES

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.