Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only left speaker working mac book air 2020

Hi community, I recently got a macbook air 2020 with the speakers working fine. However, I don't know what happened but one day, only the left speakers work and one day I trouble-shooted and everything went back to normal. Unfortunately the problem is back again and I am very frustrated.

I have tried restarting, shutting down, looking at the sliders on my sound preferences, the mute, resetting PRAM and SMC, but they all don't seem to work. I feel like there is something wrong with my audiomidi set-up because I can't control the channel volumes. Please help me, I find this very annoying and am questioning why Apple hasn't solved this software issue yet. Thanks!

Here's a screen shot of my audio midi settings.

Best,

Viv

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 11:51 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 3, 2020 8:55 AM in response to dialabrain

I deleted the plist thing and initially, restarted my computer and it didn't work. I left it on then I decided to shut down my computer for a while, like 10 minutes, when I switched it on, both speakers were working again, strange, I won't be surprised if it suddenly worked for one side only again. Thanks for your suggestion though! I think it helped :)!

I also quit the coreaudiod process from activity monitor both in the CPU and Memory panels.

Best,

Viv

Only left speaker working mac book air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.