Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search

I am finding the Search facilities in Apple Mail increasingly useful. I have stored many of my read emails in On my Mac in folders and sub-folders. How can I search within One my Mac?

Regards

Nick

iMac 27″, 10.13

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 1:55 AM

Hi BDAqua

Greetings from Thurleigh, a small village 6 miles north of Bedford, UK.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. You have solved my problem. I'm glad to be able to quickly search within "On my Mac".

Stay safe

my pension

3 replies

Jul 3, 2020 7:00 PM in response to mypension

Hello,

Adjust Search Scope Besides offering search suggestions, Mail makes another change to its interface as you begin typing a search term. The Favorites bar, just beneath the toolbar, changes subtly to provide controls for restricting or expanding the range of the search (for example, just one mailbox or all mailboxes).

The options you can select are as follows:

• All: Click this item, and Mail searches messages in all mailboxes (including Sent and Drafts) for the text you entered.
  • Mailbox Name: If you had a single mailbox selected when you started searching, that mailbox’s name appears in the Favorites bar. Click it to restrict the search to that mailbox. You can also select any mailbox or smart mailbox already on the Favorites bar.
  • Selected Mailboxes: If you had more than one mailbox selected, click this to search all (and only) those mailboxes.
  • Save: Click this button, which sits at the far right of the Favorites bar, to Create a Smart Mailbox (discussed below).

https://www.macworld.com/article/2142029/how-to-search-smarter-in-mail.html

Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.