Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I search All Inboxes and All Archive folders at the same time in Apple Mail?

I saw another post with essentially this same question, but the suggestion was to just search "All Inboxes". When I do a search of my mail, I want to search everything at once, and NOT have to select individual folders, in essence, making me do two separate searches every time I want to look for an email.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:53 AM

I'm not using Big Sur anymore, but does it not offer just "All" as a choice of where to search when you have entered a search term?

Here is what is offered in Monterey:

3 replies

Jan 11, 2022 8:26 AM in response to Barney-15E

Thank you. Yes, this is what I see (after I made to the toolbar at the top visible, which was not before). Also, "All" was selected as a default. I didn't think it was set up this way, as I had searched for emails that were in my Archive folder, but didn't show up with the keyword search. Not sure why... Again, thanks for your input and for assuring me I have things set up correctly.

How do I search All Inboxes and All Archive folders at the same time in Apple Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.