Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Analytics

Hello, I'm running iOS 13.5.1 on iPhone 8 and I have found 3 stacks logs in Settings>General>Privacy>Analytics & Improvements>Data Analytics. So my question is what is the stacks logs? And also I have found sysdiagnose log so I was wondering also what is that?

Thank you in advance, any helpful reply would be really appreciated!

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 4:58 AM

The stacks logs are files from your iPhone that are sent to Apple. These files contain data logs from apps, Siri and Dictation and Safari. The main reason of the logs is for Apple to improve their product performance including Siri and Dictation by reading the information from the logs.

The sysdiagnose file includes reports about the state of your device. The reports depend on what iOS firmware you are on and what device you are using.

The stacks logs and sysdiagnose files are not needed to be shared with Apple as they can increase the draining of the device battery. To stop the file transmissions which can effect battery life, go to Settings > General > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements then toggle off the Share iPhone Analytics and the Improve Siri & Dictation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 4:58 AM in response to jhnymike6

The stacks logs are files from your iPhone that are sent to Apple. These files contain data logs from apps, Siri and Dictation and Safari. The main reason of the logs is for Apple to improve their product performance including Siri and Dictation by reading the information from the logs.

The sysdiagnose file includes reports about the state of your device. The reports depend on what iOS firmware you are on and what device you are using.

The stacks logs and sysdiagnose files are not needed to be shared with Apple as they can increase the draining of the device battery. To stop the file transmissions which can effect battery life, go to Settings > General > Privacy > Analytics & Improvements then toggle off the Share iPhone Analytics and the Improve Siri & Dictation.

iPhone Analytics

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.