Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6s Plus rapidly heats up

Is my battery failing or is it something else? My 6s Plus begins to heat up within seconds of powering on. It gets unusually warm. I am also experiencing inability to back it up. It seems to not be able to get through Step 2 and syncing. The error message is "iPhone could not be synced because connection to the phone was reset." But I did nothing manually to "reset" the connection.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 5:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 6:12 AM

It is not clear here in your post about the ambient temperature in your area where you are using the iPhone. However --> Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable ...

Store the device where the temperature is between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). Don’t leave the device in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range.

Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring the device back to higher ambient temperatures. Using an iOS device in very hot conditions can permanently shorten battery life.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 6:12 AM in response to ms313

It is not clear here in your post about the ambient temperature in your area where you are using the iPhone. However --> Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable ...

Store the device where the temperature is between -20º and 45º C (-4º to 113º F). Don’t leave the device in your car, because temperatures in parked cars can exceed this range.

Use iOS devices where the ambient temperature is between 0º and 35º C (32º to 95º F). Low- or high-temperature conditions might cause the device to change its behavior to regulate its temperature. Using an iOS device in very cold conditions outside of its operating range might temporarily shorten battery life and could cause the device to turn off. Battery life will return to normal when you bring the device back to higher ambient temperatures. Using an iOS device in very hot conditions can permanently shorten battery life.

Jul 3, 2020 10:16 AM in response to SravanKrA

It's not ambient temp. I'm in an air conditioned cool room. I deleted photos, videos & apps to make more space. I deleted Facebook which some articles say causes problems. I succeeded in backing up. I installed iOS 13.5.1. I removed protective case.

Still heating up, especially under the main camera lens on the back of the phone. Battery was Apple-replaced 2 years ago.

Ideas?

6s Plus rapidly heats up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.