Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes disappeared

After backing up my phone to icloud (while locked and connected to the power and WiFi) all my notes disappeared

please help me as they are very important to me.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 6:19 AM

If you were syncing the notes to iCloud, if you go to iCloud.com/Notes using a computer browser, are the Notes there? Is there a Recently Deleted folder? Is there a Recently Deleted folder in the Notes app?

If you weren't syncing the notes to iCloud, but were doing a backup, have you tried restoring the backup? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 6:19 AM in response to Roy.geagea

If you were syncing the notes to iCloud, if you go to iCloud.com/Notes using a computer browser, are the Notes there? Is there a Recently Deleted folder? Is there a Recently Deleted folder in the Notes app?

If you weren't syncing the notes to iCloud, but were doing a backup, have you tried restoring the backup? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    

Notes disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.