Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to upload my ProTools update

I purchased Avid ProTools perpetual product yesterday and am trying to upload it on to 2 of my computers: MacBook Pro operating on High Sierra (OS 10.13.6) and MacBook Pro operating on Catalina (10.15.2) Each time I try to start ProTools on High Sierra (OS 10.13.6) it shuts down the computer. I am still in the process of trying to install ProTools on Catalina (10.15.2).

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 10:05 AM

Each time I try to start ProTools on High Sierra (OS 10.13.6) it shuts down the computer.

I suspect it would be better to wait until you've installed it on the 10.15.2 Mac and see if that crashes that Mac too.

If they both crash then it's probably a case of contacting Avid Technology as it'll likely be an issue with their software.

If one 10.15.x works and 10.13.x fails, it's propbably a case of fixing user permissions or reinstalling macOS on the failing Mac.

Report back once you know whether it runs on 10.15.x :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 10:05 AM in response to Finding_a_way

Each time I try to start ProTools on High Sierra (OS 10.13.6) it shuts down the computer.

I suspect it would be better to wait until you've installed it on the 10.15.2 Mac and see if that crashes that Mac too.

If they both crash then it's probably a case of contacting Avid Technology as it'll likely be an issue with their software.

If one 10.15.x works and 10.13.x fails, it's propbably a case of fixing user permissions or reinstalling macOS on the failing Mac.

Report back once you know whether it runs on 10.15.x :-)

trying to upload my ProTools update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.