Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard buttons color

Today I used Safari. And on the English layout I noticed the unusual color of some buttons. My question: is this regulated? If so, how? Thanks!

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 8:18 PM

Hey there Den_Si,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you want to know more about why certain buttons on your keyboard are a different color than the rest. We’ll be happy to help with this.

The colors can usually indicate something. For instance, if you open a new tab in Safari and tap on the search bar, the ‘go’ button can remain gray until you type in some words to search. 

To verify, can you tap on any of the light blue colors? If not, close the tab in Safari:

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

If you still have issues, force close the app and restart your iPhone:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Check for any updates as well:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

Then try using Safari again and see if this issue returns.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 8:18 PM in response to Den_Si

Hey there Den_Si,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand you want to know more about why certain buttons on your keyboard are a different color than the rest. We’ll be happy to help with this.

The colors can usually indicate something. For instance, if you open a new tab in Safari and tap on the search bar, the ‘go’ button can remain gray until you type in some words to search. 

To verify, can you tap on any of the light blue colors? If not, close the tab in Safari:

Use tabs in Safari on iPhone

If you still have issues, force close the app and restart your iPhone:

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Check for any updates as well:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

Then try using Safari again and see if this issue returns.

We hope this helps.

Take care.

Keyboard buttons color

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.