Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone symbol superimposed over Apple Music icon

Any thoughts on why a headphone symbol would be superimposed over the Apple Music icon in the recently used apps at the bottom of my screen? No earbuds or headphones were connected at the time, wireless or otherwise.

thanks.

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 5:22 AM

Do you have another device, such as an iPhone, to which you may have (or have had) headphones/earbuds connected?

Badge icons, such as illustrated, are normally associated with Apple Continuity functions indicating App activity on an associated device - and potential handoff of that activity to your iPad.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch – Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 5:22 AM in response to Music201

Do you have another device, such as an iPhone, to which you may have (or have had) headphones/earbuds connected?

Badge icons, such as illustrated, are normally associated with Apple Continuity functions indicating App activity on an associated device - and potential handoff of that activity to your iPad.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch – Apple Support

Jul 4, 2020 5:42 AM in response to LotusPilot

That was foremost on my mind, actually, per my original post. When this appeared there were no devices connected to any sort of earbuds/headphones, wireless or otherwise. I definitely do use earbuds on my phone on occasion. I tried to get the scenario to replicate itself by connecting my earbuds to my phone with no results.

Headphone symbol superimposed over Apple Music icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.