Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

I have almost full storage on my phone and I want to delete photos off of my phone, but how can i delete photos from my phone without deleting them off my iCloud too?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2020 1:34 PM

If you are using iCloud Photos, you can’t. When you delete them from the phone, you also delete them from iCloud. Have you turned on the optimize storage setting for photos in Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud>Photos>Optimize iPone Storage.

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

You can also download the photos to a computer and the delete them safely from the phone. You can read about it here.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2020 1:34 PM in response to mariahsandoval

If you are using iCloud Photos, you can’t. When you delete them from the phone, you also delete them from iCloud. Have you turned on the optimize storage setting for photos in Settings>Your Name>iCloud>Apps using iCloud>Photos>Optimize iPone Storage.

Manage your photo and video storage - Apple Support

You can also download the photos to a computer and the delete them safely from the phone. You can read about it here.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.