Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari - could not open the page because the server stopped responding (on home wifi)

Im getting a constantly occurring issue whilst using safari on ios whilst on my home wifi. It happens not just on my Ipad, but my iphone 6s and the wifes iphone 11.

Basically safari twirls and twirls and then this error message pops up on a white page - if we hit refresh in the search bar, the page will load immediately - its not specific to any website and i cant verify that it only happens on our wifi (or that it doesn't happen on other peoples wifi).

Can anyone shed any light on what and why this is happening please. Is this a wifi/router issue or an apple issue?

iPad (5th gen) Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 3:55 PM

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 3:55 PM in response to Derbyfella

Hello,

Try resetting iPad's network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Be certain you do not select Erase All Content and Settings as this will erase all of your information. It is a good idea to perform a backup of your iPad prior to resetting its settings.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

safari - could not open the page because the server stopped responding (on home wifi)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.