Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can iPhones be hacked from safari websites?

can iPhones be hacked from safari websites? A message popped up on my phone saying I had been hacked what should I do ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 9:34 PM

The fake pop-ups do not do anything to your device. All they do is trick you into contacting a fake support that will most likely try to sell you fake services for large amounts of money. All you have to do is close the tab, and that is it! Those pop-ups are easy to identify, but I would recommend the content blocker if you do not wish to see those ads again.

I'm glad you closed the tab and took your online safety seriously!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2020 9:34 PM in response to beezuz

The fake pop-ups do not do anything to your device. All they do is trick you into contacting a fake support that will most likely try to sell you fake services for large amounts of money. All you have to do is close the tab, and that is it! Those pop-ups are easy to identify, but I would recommend the content blocker if you do not wish to see those ads again.

I'm glad you closed the tab and took your online safety seriously!

Jul 4, 2020 9:22 PM in response to beezuz

Hello!

Did the message appear while in the Safari app? The message you see is most likely from a scam website tricking you into thinking that your device is hacked. This happens mostly when going into a website that could be considered "sketchy". In order to get rid of the pop-up ad is to tap on the tabs button on the bottom right of the safari toolbar, and tapping on the 'x' on the tab to close it. You can install content blockers for the iOS Safari browser that will block similar pop-up websites and similar scam ads. I personally use Adblock Plus found in the iOS App Store (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/adblock-plus-for-safari-abp/id1028871868)

Here is an article that explains more in detail what these pop-up ads are: https://usa.kaspersky.com/resource-center/threats/identify-and-remove-fake-pop-ups

Have a great day, and feel free to ask if you have any other questions! :)

Jul 4, 2020 9:28 PM in response to FrankyFG

Thank you so much !!!

The message appeared whilst I was on the safari page and I straight away deleted the site and reset my safari through setting.

Do you think that should be ok now or should I do something else I’m very conscious about being hacked but I understand there are a lot of fake pop-ups x

thank you !!!!

Can iPhones be hacked from safari websites?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.