Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage apps

When I access all my iMessage apps, some of them are off and it doesn’t let me turn them back on.

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 12:24 PM

Hi StevePro13,

Since it appears that the iMessage App Store itself isn't working we recommend you restore the OS and set the phone up as new. You can do so by tapping Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings. Always make sure to have a current back up of your device before performing a restore.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Cheers!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2020 12:24 PM in response to StevePro13

Hi StevePro13,

Since it appears that the iMessage App Store itself isn't working we recommend you restore the OS and set the phone up as new. You can do so by tapping Settings> General> Reset> Erase All Content and Settings. Always make sure to have a current back up of your device before performing a restore.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Let us know if that fixes the issue.

Cheers!

Jul 8, 2020 7:39 PM in response to StevePro13

Hello StevePro13,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you aren't receiving messages on your iPhone in the Messages app and also in third-party apps. If you are having trouble with the Messages app this article can guide you through some troubleshooting steps to possibly resolve your issue. If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you are experiencing issues with third-party messaging apps, check out the following article for some further troubleshooting steps. If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open. You also may need to reach out to the app developer directly. How to contact an app developer

If we misunderstood your concerns please feel free to reply back with more information to provide more clarity.

Cheers!

Jul 9, 2020 10:38 AM in response to StevePro13

Hello StevePro13,

Thank you for your quick response. It appears that we did misunderstand your original question. You are trying to access the iMessage apps within the Messages app but are not able to. Have you tried deleting the iMessage apps and then downloading them again in the App Store for iMessage? This resource outlines how to remove an iMessage App and download it again. Also, once you've deleted the app we suggest quitting iMessage before trying to download the app it again.

Use iMessage apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you haven't done so already, check to make sure your OS is up to date as well. Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps!

Cheers!

Jul 8, 2020 8:39 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks Alex but I think you slightly misunderstood my problem,

I am receiving messages on iMessage just fine but when I go into the iMessage app I sometimes wish to access the iMessage apps (the stickers and such that sometimes are added to iMessage when you download an app.

Some off these iMessage apps are shut off and when I attempt to turn them back on so I can, for example; send a sticker on iMessage, it doesn’t let me activate the app within iMessage.

iMessage apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.