Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photostream on Mac not updating 10.15.5 Catalina

Hi,

I have a problem: since I updated to 10.15.5 the photostream on my mac is not syncing properly. On my iPhone new photos are showing up in the "Photostream" folder, so they get uploaded, but the mac is not syncing. I tried to turn photostream off and on again, rebooted the mac, closed all "photo" apps in the acitivity monitor, but still found to reliable solution.

Have you experienced the same problem? What else can I try to fix it?

Thank you for your help! :)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 12:03 PM

Make sure your library is designated the System Photos Library in Photos' General preference pane.

Then, if needed, boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down, launch Photos and check there to see if the problem persists. If necessary toggle the My PhotoStream checkbox a couple of time.   Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 12:03 PM in response to Bob333_

Make sure your library is designated the System Photos Library in Photos' General preference pane.

Then, if needed, boot into Safe Mode (How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support) by booting with the Shift key held down, launch Photos and check there to see if the problem persists. If necessary toggle the My PhotoStream checkbox a couple of time.   Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing some system cache cleaning, volume verifying and directory repairing. 

Photostream on Mac not updating 10.15.5 Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.