Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE does not work with boost mobile.

I recently bought the iPhone SE from the apple store, but when i tried to activate it with my phone carrier which is boost mobile it says that is not compatible. I find this weird because boost also sales the same phone. I want to know why is this the case I am not planning on switching to another carrier so i want to know if there is a solution or should i just return my phone to the store?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 2:13 PM

Boost is not obligated to activate any device on their network that was not purchased from them, regardless of whether it is technically compatible or not...

I strongly suspect that's what's going on here.

6 replies

Jul 5, 2020 2:14 PM in response to sberman

1. yes
  2. yes
  3. no
  4. even if it fits they told me that it wouldn't work that way
  5. i was just able to connect to my apple account, but it doesnt have service im still using my old iPhone
  6. it would say that there's a network error but at my phone's carrier it would just say that to my phone because he tried with a different one and that other one worked.

Jul 5, 2020 2:23 PM in response to Famyoshi

Famyoshi wrote:

1. yes
2. yes
3. no
4. even if it fits they told me that it wouldn't work that way
5. i was just able to connect to my apple account, but it doesnt have service im still using my old iPhone
6. it would say that there's a network error but at my phone's carrier it would just say that to my phone because he tried with a different one and that other one worked.

If you didn't buy the SIM Free version, that means you bought one that is carrier locked. What carrier did you select when you bought it from Apple? It's locked to that carrier. You can't buy a phone specifically for Boost directly from Apple.

Why would you think you could buy a locked phone, then use it with another carrier?

Only the carrier it's locked to can unlock it. If you're still with the 14 day return period, return it and buy an unlocked phone instead or go buy a phone directly from Boost.

iPhone SE does not work with boost mobile.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.