Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blank screen when recording a slideshow

So I've added music to a Keynote presentation to create a slideshow. I've done this dozens of times now in the COVID era, but this time Keynote is acting differently. When I select "Record Slideshow", my screen goes black, and the only controls for recording are now in the TouchBar of my MacBook Pro. Naturally, these are WAY too small to see well enough to make sure my slides change at the proper time during the music. I've changed no settings, nor have I updated Keynote (that I'm aware of). I've even noticed that when trying to play it back without music, I get a blank screen and slides only visible on the TouchBar. The presentation that I'm working on was originally made in Keynote for iPad and then sent to my MacBook Pro. Could that have anything to do with it? What am I missing?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 7:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 11:17 PM

Open the problem presentation side by side with a new blank presentation, in the Navigator, select all the slides then drag them on to the Navigator of the new presentation. Does that work?

Similar questions

2 replies

Blank screen when recording a slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.