Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote will not export recorded slide show to movie.

I have exported numerous recorded slideshows in Keynote to Quicktime, but one particular file will not do so.

• Using MBP, 12.0.1 (21A559), Keynote version 11.2 (7032.0.145)
  • It contains pictures and video and has no issues loading or playing.
  • This was a previous file, which I have changed to a new theme and since recorded audio for. I have also separated it into two new files.
  • I have created a new file and copied the slides in this one and completed a test recording. This WILL export to Quicktime.

Is there a particular setting that needs to be changed?

Is the Audio corrupt?

Is there a way to export the audio only and then attach?

I just spent a few hours creating this presentation for a school course and would like to have to do it again! :-)

Thanks for you help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 4, 2022 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 8:18 AM

ya, that's what I ended up doing.

I do wish that Keynote would have better access to the audio files to see what happened, but I realize that is not how it is designed. Fluke occurrence.

Thanks for you help.

5 replies

Jan 4, 2022 3:21 PM in response to emailstephent

• I have created a new file and copied the slides in this one and completed a test recording. This WILL export to Quicktime.

As you have found the tried and tested workaround, you are good to go.

Is there a particular setting that needs to be changed?
Is the Audio corrupt?
Is there a way to export the audio only and then attach?

What's the issue with audio, you have not given any details about this?

Jan 5, 2022 10:22 AM in response to Gary Scotland

Thanks Gary for the reply.

Obviously I'm not being clear and this is a bit weird.

I exported the file to Keynote 09 which will play the audio of the first half the presentation. After fiddling with it it seems that there is one imbedded video that was in a slide that has caused some sort of glitch in the audio file, so it won't record anything after that. I have also copy of the presentation and I've tried to record over the last portion, but it doesn't save it.

I think my only option here is to export the files into a separate presentation record the second half in a new document. Unless you have other suggestions?

Thank for your help.

Keynote will not export recorded slide show to movie.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.