Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 10.1 presentation won't export audio to movie

I am running into this problem, which many of them have since way back to 2009. Below is my system information:

Mac OS 10.15.6

Keynote 10.1 (6913)

I have a 14 slide presentation with a music playing in the background. The presentation plays as expected in presentation mode, but when I try to export a movie, some animation effects dont work and there is no audio in the exported video. Someone pls help.

Thank you

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 3:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 22, 2020 7:50 AM

Creating a Keynote presentation for export to movie

Preparation - make these settings first:

Inspector > Document > Document:

in the Presentation Type dropdown menu, select Normal

in the slide size drop down menu, select Custom and enter the pixel values of the resolution of the display to be used for the display or projector

Sound 

To play sound on a specific slide, place the sound files on that slide

To play sound over the whole presentation, place the sound files in the Soundtrack well of Inspector > Document > Audio

ensure sound files use the On Click setting, do not use the automatically setting

Animation

Add transitions between slides and builds and actions to objects as required,

ensure the animations use the On Click setting, do not use the automatically setting

Export

File > Export > Movie

1 - If a recorded slideshow has been made; click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Slideshow Recording

2 - If a recorded slideshow is not used in the presentation, click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Self-Playing

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 22, 2020 7:50 AM in response to titansking77

Creating a Keynote presentation for export to movie

Preparation - make these settings first:

Inspector > Document > Document:

in the Presentation Type dropdown menu, select Normal

in the slide size drop down menu, select Custom and enter the pixel values of the resolution of the display to be used for the display or projector

Sound 

To play sound on a specific slide, place the sound files on that slide

To play sound over the whole presentation, place the sound files in the Soundtrack well of Inspector > Document > Audio

ensure sound files use the On Click setting, do not use the automatically setting

Animation

Add transitions between slides and builds and actions to objects as required,

ensure the animations use the On Click setting, do not use the automatically setting

Export

File > Export > Movie

1 - If a recorded slideshow has been made; click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Slideshow Recording

2 - If a recorded slideshow is not used in the presentation, click the Playback dropdown menu, then choose Self-Playing

Keynote 10.1 presentation won't export audio to movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.