Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you simultaneously play a video (w/ audio) file & an audio-only file across slides - and export to Movie?

Catalina 10.15.6, Keynote 10.1

Can you simultaneously play both a video (w/ audio) file and audio-only file across slides - and successfully export to a Movie? I can't unless I remove the audio from the video file.

I created a Keynote presentation with 6 .aiff audio files that play sequentially across slides. I have one .mov video segment that also plays simultaneously (while animating) with one of the audio segments. The Keynote presentation plays the audio and video as expected, however when exporting to a Movie the video appear as expected but none of the audio segments would export unless the audio channel was removed from the video segment before inserting it in the Keynote presentation.

MacBook Pro 16″, 10.15

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 5:47 PM

Wolfnotes,

Yes, correct, the .mov audio would be prioritized over the .aiff because it is the source sound of the .mov clip.

It would not be expected to hear more than one audio source outputted simultaneously from Keynote when exporting.

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 30, 2020 3:28 PM in response to Wolfnotes

Hello Wolfnotes,

We want to shed some light on your question about exporting your Keynote to a movie file.

When exporting, the sound would be used from the .mov file, not the .aiff files that are overlayed.

You may have to use another program like iMovie to edit the sound after the movie file has been created: Add music, sound effects, and voiceover in iMovie

This particular section may benefit you most: "Add sound to an iMovie for Mac project

In iMovie for Mac, you can drag audio files right into your timeline from the Finder. You can also use songs or other audio files from your music library and other locations using the media browser within iMovie. And if you want to add voiceover narration, record it right into the timeline of your iMovie project."

We hope this helps. Take care.

Jul 30, 2020 4:03 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

Thanks for your reply Nicholas.

So when Keynote 10.1 exports to a movie, Keynote is unable to output mixed audio formats that are in the Keynote file?

And if there are mixed audio file formats in the Keynote, when exporting to a movie Keynote prioritizes .mov audio over .aiff or other audio files that may be present?

If so, then is it recommended to not mix .aiff or other audio files with .mov or .m4v with audio in Keynote if you wanted to hear both sources in the final movie output? And if so, would that depend on the final format of the output, i.e. .mov or .m4v?

Can you simultaneously play a video (w/ audio) file & an audio-only file across slides - and export to Movie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.