Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First generation iPad not recognized by iTunes after complete reset of iPad

We have an old iPad that we want to clean up and set up for use by our granddaughters. My husband went into the settings and reset back to factory and even deleted data and music. Now, when I connect the iPad to my Surface computer, all the iPad shows is the window with the iTunes symbol and the USB cord which I assume means to connect to iTunes. (I am a Windows person and not so much an Apple user). When the iPad was first connected to my computer, it recognized the iPad, but now not at all. What can I do? I have unplugged, replugged, changed connections, changed USB ports, restarted iPad and computer multiple times, but it will not see it in ITunes. Windows Explorer sees the iPad, but not iTunes.

Thanks for any help!

Kara

iPad

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 8:13 PM

See this link for suggestions --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

That said, your granddaughters won't be able to do much with a first generation iPad. They won't be able to use the Netflix or Youtube apps. Most modern apps won't run on such an old out of date device.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 8:13 PM in response to PVMSTech

See this link for suggestions --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

That said, your granddaughters won't be able to do much with a first generation iPad. They won't be able to use the Netflix or Youtube apps. Most modern apps won't run on such an old out of date device.

First generation iPad not recognized by iTunes after complete reset of iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.