Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skype download icon won't go away after I have ejected it

I have just bought a new 2020 MacBook Air and have downloaded skype, I dragged the icon to Applications folder and then put the icon in my taskbar for easy access, works perfectly. But every time I open Skype the download icon (looks like a USB) appears on my desktop and I have to eject it every time I finish using skype. This never happened on my old MacBook, how can I stop it from appearing on my desktop each time I open the skype application?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 3:14 AM

You may have dragged the Skype installation file icon to the Taskbar.

1. What happens if you click on the Skype icon directly from your Applications folder and not use the one on your task bar?
  2. If the above action has Skype running normally and without displaying the drive icon on your desktop then-
  3. Delete the old Skype icon that you had previously added to the task bar.
  4. Since Skype is already running at this time, you will see its icon at the extreme right of the task bar. Double click on it and choose Keep in Dock.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 3:14 AM in response to Nett66

You may have dragged the Skype installation file icon to the Taskbar.

1. What happens if you click on the Skype icon directly from your Applications folder and not use the one on your task bar?
  2. If the above action has Skype running normally and without displaying the drive icon on your desktop then-
  3. Delete the old Skype icon that you had previously added to the task bar.
  4. Since Skype is already running at this time, you will see its icon at the extreme right of the task bar. Double click on it and choose Keep in Dock.

Axel F.

Skype download icon won't go away after I have ejected it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.