Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes doesn't recognise deauthorisation of devices

I have an itunes account. I have an Apple ID. I have apple devices. I have a sony device. I had my limit of 5 devices authorised -including the computer I wanted to play music on...

iTunes said I couldn't play my music (already paid for) because my computer WASN'T authorised - but according to my Apple account management page (opened on a browser) it was authorised.

Anyway, I proceeded to deauthorise an old iphone. Leaving me with FOUR authorised devices. Went to play music - same rigamarole, including can't authorise you on this computer because you already have 5 devices authorised. Quit itunes and browser. Restarted iTunes. NO CHANGE.

What do I have to do to get itunes to recognise deauthorisation of one or more devices? How can I get itunes to let me play music I have already paid for in the iTunes App?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 6:26 AM

The limit of 5 authorizations is on computers, and may include ones that are no longer in use. It does not include iPhones. If you are at the limit of 5, do a "Deauthorize All" and then re-authorize just the computer(s) you are still using.

For more details, see here:

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 6:26 AM in response to godihateitunes

The limit of 5 authorizations is on computers, and may include ones that are no longer in use. It does not include iPhones. If you are at the limit of 5, do a "Deauthorize All" and then re-authorize just the computer(s) you are still using.

For more details, see here:

Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

itunes doesn't recognise deauthorisation of devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.