Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could not create a new apple id on ipad 6th generation

I have reset my 6th generation ipad to its factory settings using the settings reset option. Although i have removed it from the find my app before doing so i am getting a message saying "could not create apple id"; this ipad has been used too create too many apple id's and not allowed to create anymore. I am not sure if tjis is a software issue thats fixable or avoidable issue or the opposite. Plz help ?

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 6:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 6:27 AM

An individual device can be used to create only three AppleID accounts. This is hard-coded in Apple’s back-end server infrastructure- and cannot be bypassed by the device. You can create another AppleID account, but not from a device that has already used its allocation.

This is measure is intended to prevent account abuse.

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

If you need assistance, you might be best advised to contact Apple Support. The link to Contact Support is at top-right of this page.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 6:27 AM in response to johser

An individual device can be used to create only three AppleID accounts. This is hard-coded in Apple’s back-end server infrastructure- and cannot be bypassed by the device. You can create another AppleID account, but not from a device that has already used its allocation.

This is measure is intended to prevent account abuse.

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

If you need assistance, you might be best advised to contact Apple Support. The link to Contact Support is at top-right of this page.

Jul 6, 2020 6:27 AM in response to johser

Curious as to why you keep creating new Apple ID's? I have had one Apple ID for all the years I've had iOS based devices. Apps are forever tied to the Apple ID they were downloaded under, so any app you want to use under a new ID has to be purchased again. A device is limited to no more than 3 created Apple ID's. It appears you are exceeding that.

At this point, it would be best if you contact Apple Support for further guidance.

Could not create a new apple id on ipad 6th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.