Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Closed MacBook Pro goes dead

When I close my MacBook Pro it goes immediately black and will not restart without step #3 in Apple's help, " press adn hold the power button on your Mac for 10 seconds, then press it again." At that point I can sign in. But the problem repeats itself. I ran a utility disk first aid and all reported ok. However, I noticed that the disks look different and are different than my MacBook Air. Any help of ideas would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 3:22 PM

Minkcove wrote:

thank you. MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2018 running Catalina. This suddenly occurred today without any perceived change in behavior other than yesterday the charge did not seem to take. today it is 100% charged. Also, when running the utility Disk repair first aid, the internal information seems different than I remember. The first listing Apple SSD APO256M Media is very unfamiliar to me followed by Container Disk, which is also unfamiliar.

The drive structure sound normal for Catalina

About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina - Apple ...

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753) 

or on line  https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call  AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 3:22 PM in response to Minkcove

Minkcove wrote:

thank you. MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2018 running Catalina. This suddenly occurred today without any perceived change in behavior other than yesterday the charge did not seem to take. today it is 100% charged. Also, when running the utility Disk repair first aid, the internal information seems different than I remember. The first listing Apple SSD APO256M Media is very unfamiliar to me followed by Container Disk, which is also unfamiliar.

The drive structure sound normal for Catalina

About the read-only system volume in macOS Catalina - Apple ...

Call Customer Support  (800) MYAPPLE (800–692–7753) 

or on line  https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call  AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Jul 6, 2020 11:00 AM in response to leroydouglas

Closed MacBook Pro goes dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.