Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac air 2020

I bought a Mac air 2020. I am disappointed with the colour tone of the display. I have tried creating a colour profile but none seem to improve. It seems to be on the dark side. Maybe you have the same thoughts! My mums old Mac Pro is much brighter.

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 2:46 PM

It's not clear to me whether you're concerned about the display brightness or its color profile:

Change your Mac display's brightness - Apple Support

Calibrate your Mac display - Apple Support

Perhaps that Mac's NVRAM needs to be reset?

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on Mac - Apple Support

My mums old Mac Pro is much brighter.

Since a Mac Pro does not have a display that strikes me as an inappropriate comparison. Display brightness and color calibrations are a functions of whatever display she uses.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 2:46 PM in response to Rtc43

It's not clear to me whether you're concerned about the display brightness or its color profile:

Change your Mac display's brightness - Apple Support

Calibrate your Mac display - Apple Support

Perhaps that Mac's NVRAM needs to be reset?

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on Mac - Apple Support

My mums old Mac Pro is much brighter.

Since a Mac Pro does not have a display that strikes me as an inappropriate comparison. Display brightness and color calibrations are a functions of whatever display she uses.

Jul 8, 2020 8:13 AM in response to Rtc43

Color rendering is by nature subjective, and obviously no one can determine its suitability for your needs other than you. If you have reason to believe your MacBook Air's display is defective, by all means contact Apple. They may have other suggestions for you, or perhaps you should consider returning or exchanging it for another one.

Mac air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.