Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bought a used 7 and cannot remove the activation lock. Find my phone was turned on and I cannot contact the previous owner. How do I change it over to my Icloud account and unlock the phone?

Purchased a used Iphone 7+ and cannot remove the activation lock. Have no way of contacting the previous owner. How do I change the phone over to my icloud account so I can set it up. It has an activation lock, Find my Phone is turned on. It is blacklist clear.

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 2:25 PM

Meow1589 wrote:

Purchased a used Iphone 7+ and cannot remove the activation lock. Have no way of contacting the previous owner. How do I change the phone over to my icloud account so I can set it up. It has an activation lock, Find my Phone is turned on. It is blacklist clear.

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

YOu can't you need the previous owners information. IF you can't get a hold of the previous owner the phone is useless to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 2:25 PM in response to Meow1589

Meow1589 wrote:

Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

YOu can't you need the previous owners information. IF you can't get a hold of the previous owner the phone is useless to you.

bought a used 7 and cannot remove the activation lock. Find my phone was turned on and I cannot contact the previous owner. How do I change it over to my Icloud account and unlock the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.