Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Problem

I backed up my phone yesterday. I made sure that all my photos were there before I deleted them off my phone. I just logged into my iClould and my pictures are not showing up! PLEASE HELP

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 1:47 PM

KellyHolling wrote:

I backed up my phone yesterday. I made sure that all my photos were there before I deleted them off my phone. I just logged into my iClould and my pictures are not showing up! PLEASE HELP

If you did actually create a backup for your photos, they are still in that backup.

However, it sounds more like you were syncing your photos with iCloud, which is not the same. By removing them from your phone, you also removed them from iCloud.

Have you checked the album called "recently deleted"?

iCloud Photos is a syncing service, not off device storage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 1:47 PM in response to KellyHolling

KellyHolling wrote:

If you did actually create a backup for your photos, they are still in that backup.

However, it sounds more like you were syncing your photos with iCloud, which is not the same. By removing them from your phone, you also removed them from iCloud.

Have you checked the album called "recently deleted"?

iCloud Photos is a syncing service, not off device storage.

iCloud Photo Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.