Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Apple News App or Stop Covid news highlights

Can someone help me figure out how to remove the Apple News highlights from showing up when I swipe my iPhone XR all the way to the left? Either remove it completely or edit it to stop showing me COVID updates. Thanks!

iPhone XR

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 2:17 PM

It is possible to delete the News app by holding down on the app and selecting “Delete App”. However if you want to keep the app but stop highlights on widgets and notifications, swipe to the left on your home screen to reveal the widgets you have. Then scroll down to the bottom and tap on edit. A list of widgets should appear. Click on the red button with a dash next to “News” which will then remove the widgets for the “News” app. To remove notifications, open “Settings” and go to the “Notifications” tab. A list of apps using notifications should pop up. Scroll down the list until you see “News” which you can then tap on. And the final step is to tap the toggle next to “Allow Notifications” which should then stop notifications from the “News” app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 2:17 PM in response to TerryGDoubleZ

It is possible to delete the News app by holding down on the app and selecting “Delete App”. However if you want to keep the app but stop highlights on widgets and notifications, swipe to the left on your home screen to reveal the widgets you have. Then scroll down to the bottom and tap on edit. A list of widgets should appear. Click on the red button with a dash next to “News” which will then remove the widgets for the “News” app. To remove notifications, open “Settings” and go to the “Notifications” tab. A list of apps using notifications should pop up. Scroll down the list until you see “News” which you can then tap on. And the final step is to tap the toggle next to “Allow Notifications” which should then stop notifications from the “News” app.

Remove Apple News App or Stop Covid news highlights

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.