You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I have a virus downloading an app from the AppStore?

I have an iPhone 8 and I was using safari and a pop up says I have 4 viruses and I need to Download an app from the app Store I downloaded but I suspect that it was scam so I eliminate the app. Can a virus get to my iPhone if I download an app?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 2:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 2:34 PM

No. There are no known viruses that can affect an iPhone. Such messages are always scams.

Downloading an app from the app store also would not have a virus either, Apple verifies all apps submitted ot the App store for compliance with their guidelines. However if it had a renewable trial period, it may renew into paid subscription and charge you.

See here to cancel it before it renews: See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 6, 2020 2:34 PM in response to Gb114

No. There are no known viruses that can affect an iPhone. Such messages are always scams.

Downloading an app from the app store also would not have a virus either, Apple verifies all apps submitted ot the App store for compliance with their guidelines. However if it had a renewable trial period, it may renew into paid subscription and charge you.

See here to cancel it before it renews: See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Can I have a virus downloading an app from the AppStore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.