Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I FaceTime on an iPad to an iPhone when I have an Android phone?

How can I FaceTime on an iPad to an iPhone when I have an Android phone? The phone shouldn’t have anything to do with the iPad.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 5:13 PM

FaceTime is Apple’s proprietary software and requires that anyone using it must have an Apple device. There is no FaceTime for Android or MS Windows or any operating systems other than iOS, iPados and MacOS.

Cross platform video chat apps include Skype, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp (although on iPad you’ll have to use WhatsApp web as there is no WhatsApp app for iPadOS), and numerous others. Those only have the requirement that both parties be using the same tool and service, but can be used across different platforms.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 5:13 PM in response to crabbyangel

FaceTime is Apple’s proprietary software and requires that anyone using it must have an Apple device. There is no FaceTime for Android or MS Windows or any operating systems other than iOS, iPados and MacOS.

Cross platform video chat apps include Skype, Google Hangouts, WhatsApp (although on iPad you’ll have to use WhatsApp web as there is no WhatsApp app for iPadOS), and numerous others. Those only have the requirement that both parties be using the same tool and service, but can be used across different platforms.

How can I FaceTime on an iPad to an iPhone when I have an Android phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.