You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook Air Catalina MacOS version 10.15.5 is loading a Legacy System Extension and it says to contact the company to see if they are switching to a product that will be compatible with future updates of my MacBook operating systems. HELP

Should my macbook air (Catalina OS Version 10.15.5) be loading the legacy system extension on it now? Will I be able to et rid of it later? Will I need to get rid of it later to update my Operating system in the future? I'm not sure I understand this ...I need it now but will prevent my updates in the future - is that correct. I'm not sure what to do. HELP!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 6:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 6:16 PM

The bottom line is that you don't need to do anything right now.

Please refer to this Discussion for a more comprehensive answer including what you can do about it: Likely Incompatible extensions

Similar questions

3 replies

My MacBook Air Catalina MacOS version 10.15.5 is loading a Legacy System Extension and it says to contact the company to see if they are switching to a product that will be compatible with future updates of my MacBook operating systems. HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.