Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My "My Location"

I have kind of a stupid question when setting up Find My. On my iPhone the "My Location" setting is obviously set for my phone. However on my iPad it also has the setting for "My Location" for my phone as well.

Is there a reason for that? Often my phone and iPad are not in the same place. I'd rather have them show each location independently.

Thanks

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 5:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 6:13 PM

AZBigdogs wrote:

Is there a reason for that?

Yes, and it’s a very good reason.

”My location” is intended to show where you are. “You” are, in this setup, assumed to be much more likely where your iPhone is located than where your iPad is located.

I’d rather have them show each location independently.

They already do. You need to use the “Devices” view at the bottom of Find My to see both locations.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 6:13 PM in response to AZBigdogs

AZBigdogs wrote:

Is there a reason for that?

Yes, and it’s a very good reason.

”My location” is intended to show where you are. “You” are, in this setup, assumed to be much more likely where your iPhone is located than where your iPad is located.

I’d rather have them show each location independently.

They already do. You need to use the “Devices” view at the bottom of Find My to see both locations.

Find My "My Location"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.