Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I have Find my iPad off and my location off as well. Why can you still see my exact location when I go back to the Find my app?

If I have Find my iPad off and my location off as well. Why can you still see my exact location when I go back to the Find my app?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 9:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2020 9:53 PM

You, yourself, can always see your own location. Even if you close off all avenues of sharing your location with anyone else, you can't hide from yourself. Did this help?

p.s. Unless you go into Airplane Mode, you can never completely hide from your cellular service provider because it always knows which cell tower you are homed into at any given moment.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2020 9:53 PM in response to lennell16

You, yourself, can always see your own location. Even if you close off all avenues of sharing your location with anyone else, you can't hide from yourself. Did this help?

p.s. Unless you go into Airplane Mode, you can never completely hide from your cellular service provider because it always knows which cell tower you are homed into at any given moment.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.