Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i delete icloud drive storage

hi,

i just found out that icloud drive is taking a lot of my iphone storage and i cant find a delete button underneath it can you help me find away to know whats in it and take a back up to my pc and delete it from my device

iPhone XS Max, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 7:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 8:12 PM

Hi there,

There is no way currently to 'take a backup' of your iCloud storage. You'll have to drag and drop stuff onto your desktop manually. To answer your question on how to remove the storage, on your iPhone:

1. Go into Settings.
  2. Tap your name at the top of the screen. This will show your iCloud details.
  3. Tap the iCloud tab, below Subscriptions.
  4. Tap Manage Storage.
  5. Scroll down and tap iCloud Drive. This will show you what things you have in your iCloud Drive at the moment.
  6. Tap Delete Documents & Data.

I hope these answers help you solve your issues you are currently having.

Grey360

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 8:12 PM in response to awklo

Hi there,

There is no way currently to 'take a backup' of your iCloud storage. You'll have to drag and drop stuff onto your desktop manually. To answer your question on how to remove the storage, on your iPhone:

1. Go into Settings.
  2. Tap your name at the top of the screen. This will show your iCloud details.
  3. Tap the iCloud tab, below Subscriptions.
  4. Tap Manage Storage.
  5. Scroll down and tap iCloud Drive. This will show you what things you have in your iCloud Drive at the moment.
  6. Tap Delete Documents & Data.

I hope these answers help you solve your issues you are currently having.

Grey360

how can i delete icloud drive storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.