Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face id -ios 13.5.1

My device is iphone 11. The current ios is 13.5.1.

I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH FACE ID. In my device i have registered only my face id, but my brother is able to unlock my phone using his face itself.

I had reset the settings & the phone few times. still the issue persists.

We brothers aren't even twins. Still the issue is there.

HOPE THE ISSUE WILL BE RESOLVED ASAP. AS IT IS THE PRODUCT OF APPLE COMPANY.

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 10:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2020 11:01 PM

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208108

The probability that a random person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is approximately 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance. As an additional protection, Face ID allows only five unsuccessful match attempts before a passcode is required. The statistical probability is different for twins and siblings that look like you and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed. If you're concerned about this, we recommend using a passcode to authenticate.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2020 11:01 PM in response to gp_1308

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208108

The probability that a random person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is approximately 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance. As an additional protection, Face ID allows only five unsuccessful match attempts before a passcode is required. The statistical probability is different for twins and siblings that look like you and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed. If you're concerned about this, we recommend using a passcode to authenticate.

Jul 7, 2020 6:53 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Irony of the issue is that its not faulty for one time. Once my brother unlocked my iPhone using the passcode( which I provided to him ), thereafter my phone doesn't need to be unlocked by him using the passcode instead it gets opened by Face ID (i.e., without entering the passcode ). This keeps happening doesn't matter how many times I reset the settings or reset the iPhone. So after resetting, I registered my Face ID and then asked my brother to check if the issue has solved.

So the phone didn't unlock using Face ID and asked for passcode which is what it should do. Once my brother entered the passcode, iPhone got unlocked, surfed the phone for few minutes, he locked the phone, now when he tried to unlock it got unlocked using his face.

Then happens every time. Try to solve this ASAP. I believe its a glitch.

As you say it happens 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance, if this happens to 2 in 2,000,000 and so on, this appearance may increase and I don't think your consumers will be happy.

Face id -ios 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.