You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible for a hacker to remote control my phone camera?

I recieved a distressing email from a person who hacked my icloud account (he knew the pass), changed the password on me and said he has downloaded all my private info, photos, contacts to his private server, that he has used my phone to take pictures of me and will send all my icloud stuff to everyone on my contact list. I'm freaking out. an apple advisor helped me reset my pass and turn on 2-step ID. However, I'm worried about this guy following through on his threats. If he is to be believed, he has all of my icloud and phone data on a server with the names of my contacts, and photos he has supposedly taken of me without my knowledge. Is it likely he could've done this? I will be reporting to local authorities asap. The hacker also claims there's a timer on this email that will know when I've opened it and will expire in 2 days, but I have backups of the email. I'm wondering how likely it is that this guy can do all of this, especially the remote control bit. Really worried and could use advice. Also, has anyone else experienced this?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 5:45 AM

wondering how likely it is that this guy can do all of this, especially the remote control bit. Really worried and could use advice. Also, has anyone else experienced this?

Not likely at all. This is a very common scam.

If he had changed the password as he claimed, Apple would not have been able to help you reset it. Adding 2FA is a wise move regardless.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 7, 2020 5:45 AM in response to EltonJohnisPlumpandDreamy

wondering how likely it is that this guy can do all of this, especially the remote control bit. Really worried and could use advice. Also, has anyone else experienced this?

Not likely at all. This is a very common scam.

If he had changed the password as he claimed, Apple would not have been able to help you reset it. Adding 2FA is a wise move regardless.

Is it possible for a hacker to remote control my phone camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.