Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What iPhones can I use with gloves on?

Tried the new iPhone SE 2020 but the home button can't really be used with gloves on and gloves are very neccesary for my work so I can't have a phone that requires me to constantly have to take off my gloves. I know I can use assistive touch to get round this but I'd rather not have to. I wear both latex and rubber gloves a lot so I need a phone that can be used with those especially. Can the iPhone 11 or the iPhone 11 MAX be used with gloves? Thanks.

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 6:48 AM

DuffPaddy wrote:

Tried the new iPhone SE 2020 but the home button can't really be used with gloves on and gloves are very neccesary for my work so I can't have a phone that requires me to constantly have to take off my gloves. I know I can use assistive touch to get round this but I'd rather not have to. I wear both latex and rubber gloves a lot so I need a phone that can be used with those especially. Can the iPhone 11 or the iPhone 11 MAX be used with gloves? Thanks.

All iPhone screens will be the same.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 6:48 AM in response to DuffPaddy

DuffPaddy wrote:

All iPhone screens will be the same.

Jul 7, 2020 7:28 AM in response to DuffPaddy

You can’t use Touch ID with gloves because it is the pressure of the whorls in your fingerprint that activate it. A phone with Face ID will work, but not if you are wearing a mask. If you mean you can’t use the HOME button at all, not even to press it, I’m surprised, but an iPhone 11 should still work as the equivalent to the HOME button is to swipe up from the bottom of the screen.

What iPhones can I use with gloves on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.