Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding phone number to MacBook

hello,

I was wondering is it possible to add an already use phone number from an iPhone to my MacBook for accepting calls and ft calls from my laptop connected to my iPhone?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 7:30 AM

1 reply

Jul 10, 2020 4:00 PM in response to Mimi0503

Hi Mimi0503,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you want to set up your Mac to receive phone calls and FaceTime calls that are received on your iPhone. We know how convenient it is to be able to answer calls on the device you're using; we can help. Take a look at the following resource for setting up your Mac to receive calls: Make and receive calls on your Mac, iPad, or iPod touch

You'll also want to review these steps for using your phone number on your Mac:

"Turn your phone number on or off for your Mac

After you set up your phone number, you can turn it on or off for Messages and FaceTime on your Mac.

1. Open Messages or FaceTime. If asked, sign in with the Apple ID that you're using with Messages and FaceTime on your iPhone.
    2. For Messages, choose Messages > Preferences, then click Accounts and select your iMessage account. For FaceTime, choose FaceTime > Preferences, then click Settings.
    3. Turn your phone number on or off:
      1. To turn on your phone number, select it and your Apple ID in the list. If you don't see your phone number, get help with your settings or contact Apple Support. If you see a number that isn't yours, change your Apple ID password.
      2. To turn off your phone number, deselect it in the list.
    4. If you want recipients to see your phone number and not your Apple ID, select your phone number from the “Start new conversations from” or ”Start new calls from” pop-up menu.

Learn how to make messages that you send and receive on your iPhone appear on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch."

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime

Let us know if you have any questions about setting up these features.

Best Regards.

adding phone number to MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.