Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2-step authentication

I recently tried to set up the 2-step authentication on my iPhone7. It is asking me for a code that I do not have nor ever had for iCloud. I do not use iCloud and have it disabled on my phone. Now I keep getting a Settings message asking me to complete the process with this non-existent code? How do I get rid of this annoying pop-up message? It literally pops-up every time I text, search, or try to do anything on my phone now.

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:00 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2020 1:41 PM in response to NFLSandra

See Two-step verification for Apple ID https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204152.

"You'll also get a 14-character Recovery Key to print and keep in a safe place. Use your Recovery Key to regain access to your account if you ever lose access to your trusted devices or SMS-capable phone number, or forget your password. ...

If you ever need a new Recovery Key, you can create one from your Apple ID account page. Just sign in with your password and trusted device, go to the Security section and click Edit, then click Replace Lost Key. 

After you create a new key, your old Recovery Key won't work."

2-step authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.