Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reaching Apple Support

Is all of Apple on vacation?

My local store is closed...no help. I went to Apple on line support and filled out a "send-in" request but couldn't turn of my iPad (the reason its going in) to disconnect find me. So no way to get a box. So I reached out to their on line chat...not available, try back later. Does anyone know a way to reach a person at Apple?

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 2:06 PM

Contact Apple Support using the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. If select the call option, Apple will call you.

Alternatively, you can initiate a call using the Apple Support App:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

12 replies

Jul 7, 2020 2:33 PM in response to sberman

...and here is Apple Support. If I can't turn it on, I can't turn it off. If I can't turn it off, they can't confirm that it is turned off. If they can't confirm that it is turned off, I can't go any further and I can't get a box.

Prepare and submit your repair

Turn off Find My iPad

If Find My iPad is on, technicians might not be able to perform service on your device. Turn off Find My iPad and keep it off before sending in for repair. See how

Once you’ve turned it off, confirm below.

Confirm Find My iPad is off

Requote May Apply

If Apple determines the damage to be different than reported, the quote may change and we’ll contact you to confirm the updated fee.

Terms & Conditions

Please note:

• Keep your SIM, it can’t be returned.
  • Keep your accessories, they can’t be returned.
  • Back up all data, your device will be erased.
  • Apple may charge an inspection fee if there is no damage to your device.

Jul 7, 2020 2:13 PM in response to E_A_R

That’s interesting. I don’t understand your motivation, but that’s certainly OK.

Erasing the iPad would certainly turn off Find My iPad. So you’re sending your iPad to Apple but wanting to keep its contents on the iPad, rather than simply restore the contents from your latest backup when you receive a return iPad.

As I say, I don’t understand why you would do that. But please don’t feel like you need to explain it.

Reaching Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.