Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari

When I go the one specific website it opens up with text and no graphics. All other websites load perfectly fine. This is the only one that appears this way. If I use a different web browser this website opens up just fine. I am using a 15 inch Macbook Pro with retina display late 2013 and Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.6

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 5:06 PM

I opened up Keychain Access and typed in part of the domain name until the pressdemocrat.com certificate showed. I double clicked on the certificate and clicked to show Trust. Under Trust the first thing it said is “When using this certificate” and it said, “under special circumstances”. I clicked on that and clicked on Always Trust. Then I closed out of Keychain Access and it asked to to OK the change which I did. Then I opened up Safari and typed pressdemocrat.com and it worked!

I had done everything that Apple and the people on Youtube said to do and nothing worked. Today I thought I’ll go to Keychain Access and see if I can affect a change there and it worked!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2020 5:06 PM in response to dougalan1

I opened up Keychain Access and typed in part of the domain name until the pressdemocrat.com certificate showed. I double clicked on the certificate and clicked to show Trust. Under Trust the first thing it said is “When using this certificate” and it said, “under special circumstances”. I clicked on that and clicked on Always Trust. Then I closed out of Keychain Access and it asked to to OK the change which I did. Then I opened up Safari and typed pressdemocrat.com and it worked!

I had done everything that Apple and the people on Youtube said to do and nothing worked. Today I thought I’ll go to Keychain Access and see if I can affect a change there and it worked!

Jul 8, 2020 12:49 PM in response to dougalan1

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

Try setting up another admin user account in System Preferences/Users & Groups to see if the same problem continues. Please post back on whether or not this worked. Also try the Safe Mode. Please post back on whether or not this worked.

Isolating an issue by using another user account    

Safe Mode - About.       

Jul 8, 2020 1:51 PM in response to Eric Root

I set up another admin user account in the System Preferences/Users & Groups. I rebooted and logged into the new account but I got the same results on this website. I booted into Safe Mode but the website still came up the same way. I also zapped my PRAM and reset the SMC to for kicks but my computer still opens up that website using Safari and I get the same results. When I use the FireFox browser that website comes up just fine.

Jul 29, 2020 4:00 AM in response to dougalan1

When I said “under special circumstances” I meant “Use Custom Settings”

I opened up Keychain Access and typed in part of the domain name until the pressdemocrat.com certificate showed. I double clicked on the certificate and clicked to show Trust. Under Trust the first thing it said is “When using this certificate” and it said, “Use Custom Settings”. I clicked on that and clicked on “Always Trust”. Then I closed out of Keychain Access and it asked me to OK the change which I did. Then I opened up Safari and typed pressdemocrat.com and it worked!

Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.